Neuros Digital Audio Computer
My this looks nice. Neuros Digital Audio Computer. "Yet another MP3 player" I hear you say? Well, yes. But this one has some sweet features:
- 20 GB capacity
- built-in FM radio
- can broadcast to a FM receiver (like the one in your car for example). This is very nice-- one of the problems I've had with portable audio players so far is that I have no means to play it in a car that only has a CD player/radio. At least with a tape deck you can use those adapters that let you feed an external audio stream.
- can sample audio for matching to a database later (meaning you can find out what that song was you heard)
- will be adding Vorbis audio support
- built-in MP3 encoder for recording from: built-in microphone; built-in FM tuner; line input jack
- 5 preset buttons for the FM radio and your music collection
- comes with wall and car power adapters
- 9.4 ounces
- is $399, which is still $100 less than the iPod (and it's stylish grey and orange colors which are sure to please Zeldman)
And hey-- free shipping until March 10th for orders from neurosaudio.com. My only complaint is that the dimensions are a little bulky: 5.3×3.1×1.3 in. Compare that to the iPod: 2.4×4.0×0.84 in. But with the extra features I think I could live with it.